Coastal and maritime engineering
This research line contributes to the Department key research area STRUCTURES AND INFRASTRUCTURES: Hydraulic Constructions and Hydraulic Engineering. This research group deals with coastal dynamics, maritime dynamics and design of structures, including:
- sea waves dynamics and convective ocean circulation, to study their effects on seabed and marine structures;
- statistical analysis of extreme wave fields;
- evaluation of wave action both on onshore works (i.e. jetties , breakwaters, berths) and offshore works, with application on safety and durability;
- prediction of anthropic activity effects upon coastal dynamics, sediment transport;
- water quality with regard to ports management, cliffs protection, and beaches touristic fruition;
- exploitation of seawaves energy through fixed and flexible, offshore and inshore works.