Thanks to the investments provided by the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) and the resources made available by the Ministry of University and Research, the Politecnico di Milano announces 211 PhD scholarships aimed at carrying out research and innovation activities in universities, public administration and enterprises.
Scholarships offered within the PhD programmes of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering are the following.
PhD programme in Structural, Seismic, and Geotechnical Engineering:
- Digital twins for historical structures and infrastructures
- Agrivoltaics: integrated structural optimization and data analytics for decarbonization and smart agriculture
- Life-Cycle Structural Safety and Residual Lifetime of RC/PC Bridges under Corrosion
- Development of innovative numerical methods for the simulation of fluid-structure interaction problems in the forming processes of food carton packages
- Innovative microsystems with piezoelectric actuation and/or sensing
- Advanced numerical simulation of nonlinear phenomena in MEMS
- Innovative low-carbon solutions for the seismic renovation of existing masonry buildings
- Strategies for seismic assessment and retrofitting of school buildings
PhD programme in Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering – area Transport Infrastructure and Geosciences:
PhD programme in Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering – area Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics and Geomatics:
- Development of flood damage assessment tools for the Italian context
- Technologies for digestate valorization
- Hydraulic criticalities of river bridges
- Geomatic methods for control and security of bridge infrastructures
- Infrastructures and subsurface water bodies
- Characterization of the hydraulic properties of porous asphalt for the optimization of waste-water collection and treatment systems
- Digital Twin Cities
- Digitization of water distribution networks, reduction and monitoring of water leakages for the application of the PNRR (National Plan for Recovery and Resilience) M2C4 – I 4.2
- Progetto Innovazione PoliMi – Regione Lombardia – Strategies for the further improvement of waste management in advanced contexts (NOT PNRR)
Applications must be submitted only online by 2.00 pm (Italian time) of September, 12th 2022.