On Thursday 3 November 2022, the “ENVIRONMENTAL, NATURAL AND ANTHROPIC RISKS: From Modeling to Ethical Decisions” seminar was held in the Aula Magna of Politecnico di Milano, organized by the Scientific Commission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
The seminar saw the participation of various speakers of DICA, as well as guests: Professor Richard Bradley (London School of Economics and Political Science) and Professor Josef Schneider (University of Graz). Furthermore, the scientific commission presented the Young Researchers Best Poster Award won for this edition by Verónica Herrera Gómez.
- Josef Schneider – Interdependences in climate vulnerabilities – experiences from multisectoral flood impact assessment in West Africa, South-East-Europe and Austria
- Young researchers Best poster Award
- Claudio di Prisco – Landslide risk mitigation: innovative approaches for the design of sheltering structures
- Andrea Galli – Protection of Structures and Infrastructures from Natural risks: a Geotechnical contribution towards sustainable engineering solutions
- Roberto Paolucci – Internal rumblings over Ital’s new seismic hazard map
- Lorenza Petrini, Luca Zanetti – Ensemble Modelling and Credibility
- Daniele Bocchiola – Hazard assessment for extreme snow avalanches: recent findings, and application
- Giovanni Ravazzani – Propagation of precipitation measurement biases into hydrological simulation: a case study
- Daniela Molinari – MOVIDA: how to combine technical, social, and economic aspects in flood damage assessment and mapping