On March 8th, the seminar “UNDERGROUND SPACE: From Resources to Structures and Infrastructures”, organized by the Scientific Committee of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, was held at the Auditorium of Politecnico di Milano.
The seminar saw the participation of various speakers of DICA, as well as of two guests: professor Xavier Sanchez-Vila (UPC Barcelona) and professor Antonio Gens (UPC Barcelona). Furthermore, the Scientific Committee presented the Best Poster Award, won by Laura Ceresa e Rafael Leonardo Sandoval Pabon.
- Xavier Sanchez-Vila – Groundwater resources at risk: Anticipating the perfect storm
- Antonio Gens – Railway tunnels in the Barcelona region
- Best Poster Awards
- Monica Riva – Process assessment and uncertainty quantification in aquifers
- Giovanni Porta – Modeling of pesticides transport in soil-groundwater systems
- Giovanni Ravazzani – Assessing groundwater contribution to streamflow of a large alpine river
- Luca Flessati – Design of tunnel face support in cohesive soil
- Final Discussion