GIS and Web mapping applications
- Design and implementation of a geo-database for the archiving, managing , spatial analysis and geo-statistical analysis of seismic and earthquake data in a GIS environment.
- Development and validation of maps of seismic input and site characterization and of maps of earthquake scenarios (crisis maps) in a GIS environment.
- Development of Web geo-services (WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS, SOS) for the acquisition, publishing and sharing of seismic and earthquake data through the Internet, also exploiting innovative tools such as crowdsourcing.
- 2010-2012 On the exploitation and validation of COSMO-SkyMed interferometric SAR data for digital terrain modelling and surface deformation analysis in extensive urban areas – Agreement n. I/044/09/0 Italian Space Agency and Institute for Electromagnetic Sensing of the Environment (IREA) - National Coordinator Ing. Lanari – IREA).
- 2010-2012 HeliDEM, INTERREG project Italy-Switzerland, Project leader: Regione Lombardia – Co-manager of the Research Unit of Politecnico di Milano.
Selected recent publications & products
- D. Carrion, F. Migliaccio, 2015. Crowdsourcing contribution to emergency mapping and alert. The 4th Information and Communication Technologies International Conference (ICTIC), Slovakia, March 23 - 27, 2015.
- D. Carrion, C. Corbane, M. Broglia, M. Pesaresi, 2013. First extensive and cost-effective quality check of Crisis Maps: presentation of assessment parameters and results. Int. Journal of Digital Earth, Vol. 6, Suppl. 2, pp. 50-66, ISSN: 1753-8955.
- C. Corbane, D. Carrion, G. Lemoine, M. Broglia, 2011. Comparison of Damage Assessment Maps Derived from Very High Spatial Resolution Satellite and Aerial Imagery Produced for the Haiti 2010 Earthquake. Earthquake Spectra 27:S199-S218.
- M. A. Brovelli, M. Minghini and G. Zamboni, 2014. Public Participation GIS: a FOSS architecture enabling field-data collection, International Journal of Digital Earth, p. 1-19, ISSN: 1753-8955
- M. A. Brovelli and G. Zamboni, 2014. Environmental Space and Time Web Analyzer. GeoSpatial Today, July 2014, p. 34-39, Proceedings of the 2014 conference on Big Data from Space (BiDS’14), ESA Centre for Earth Observation (ESRIN), Frascati, 12th-14th November 2014, ISBN: 978-92-79-43252-1, ISSN: 1831-9424, DOI: 10.2788/1823
- M. A. Brovelli, G. Giori, M. Mussin and M. Negretti, 2011. Improving the Monitoring of the Status of the Environment Through Web Geo-services: The Example of Large Structures Supervision, Transactions in GIS, Volume 15 (2), p. 173-188, ISSN: 1361-1682, DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-9671.2011.01249.x