Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Dynamic soil-structure interaction
- Geotechnical seismic site characterization
- Stratigraphic and topographic site amplification effects
- Seismic slope stability
- Liquefaction assessment
- 2011-2013: “Displacement-based approaches for vulnerability assessment. Line 9: Foundations and Soil-Structure interaction”. Funded by DPC-Reluis (Resp: R. Paolucci; Budget: 90 k€).
- 2013-2014: “Guidelines for the seismic design of a gas transmission pipeline in Central italy”, funded by SNAM Rete Gas (Resp: R. Paolucci; Budget: 128 k€)
Selected recent publications & products
- Figini R., R. Paolucci and C. Chatzigogos (2012). A macro-element model for non‐linear soil–shallow foundation–structure interaction under seismic loads: theoretical development and experimental validation on large scale tests. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 41: 475-493.
- di Prisco C., Pastor M., Pisanò F. (2012) “Shear wave propagation along infinite slopes: A theoretically based numerical study” International journal for numerical and analytical methods in geomechanics, vol. 36, p. 619-642
- Paolucci R., Figini R., Petrini L. (2013). Introducing dynamic non-linear soilfoundation-structure interaction effects in displacement-based seismic design. Earthquake Spectra, 29: 475–496.
- F. Pisanò, C. di Prisco, R. Lancellotta (2013). “Soil-foundation modelling in laterally loaded historical towers”, Géotechnique, 64(1), 1-15
- Pecker A., Paolucci R., Chatzigogos C., Correia A., and R. Figini (2014). The role of non-linear dynamic soil-foundation interaction on the seismic response of structures”. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 12:1157-1176.
- di Prisco C., Maugeri M. (2014) “Seismic Response of Shallow Footings: A Promising Application for the Macro-element Approach” Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering, Volume 28, Pages 195-222